Sew What! Alteration Tips
Return to Sew What Home Page
- Clothing alterations can only be as good as the fitting, so all of our stores have fitting rooms and professional seamstresses to fit you.
- No appointments are necessary except for bridal and formal gowns. In these cases, please call for an appointment so we can make sure to have the right person to do your fitting.
- Pant hems - please bring the shoes you will wear most often - so the pants will be fitted correctly.
- It is best to wash pants before the alteration so the risk of shrinkage is reduced.
- Bridal/formal gowns - please bring with you all of the items worn with the garment (shoes, undergarments) or we cannot promise the gown will fit the way you would like when it is worn for the event.
- Bridal and formal gowns may require several fittings if complex alterations are required so please try to schedule at least 3 weeks in advance of the event. However - we are able to do last minute alterations on these gowns in an emergency, but please call.
- We try to meet your schedule, but if we have last minute alterations we may ask for a small extra charge to cover overtime costs.
- If you have an emergency - please call and we will do our best to fit you in.
- Military Alterations - please bring regulations for correct patch placement.